COVID-19: Ekiti commences stricter check of vehicles to stop illegal entry
Ekiti state government has directed security agencies at the state boundaries and checkpoints to henceforth carry out rigorous checks on vehicles conveying essential commodities across the state.
The Deputy Governor, Bisi Egbeyemi, in a statement on Wednesday, said that most of the COVID-19 cases recorded in Ekiti State were caused by non-residents who illegally entered the state in violation of the orders of the government and appropriate authorities.
He said security agencies would henceforth search all vehicles conveying food, medical and pharmaceuticals, beverages, agricultural products and construction materials coming in and going out of Ekiti State.
He urged the people of the state to be more security conscious in their various localities and report strange faces and movements they notice to the government and security agencies.
Egbeyemi reiterated the determination of the Dr. Kayode Fayemi administration to protect all residents from being infected with the Coronavirus hence the need to block all illegal entries into the state.
Ekiti State has recorded 12 confirmed cases so far, two persons have been treated and discharged.